Monday, December 23, 2013

Adventures in Dining Out (Ward 8)

Had a little ladies night and went to dinner at a new restaurant called Ward 8. It is located in the former Nebo spot  (close to North End, West End and Charlestown) . It has been totally updated and is pretty cool inside. I think my best description would be something you would see in Brooklyn. Kind of hipsterish (staff is all in plaid shirts), but with a better attitude. The bar and almost every table was packed.  The place is loud, but after a few drinks, it is fine (or you get more comfortable screaming and/or reading lips). The food was pretty great too.  I got the burger, which I totally wasn't going to have but when the table of ladies sitting next us all had one arrive at their table, I was sold.  It was awesome.   My friends got salmon and a chicken ceasar salad (watching their figures) and they all liked it.  Also, as a starter we got the spinach dip with the best hot (to the touch) chips. Really liked it and can't wait to go back.



Picture so lovingly borrowed from Eater.
More info on Ward 8 from Eater:











3 comments:

Jacqueline Hough said...

Glad to have you had a good time! Hope you get to go back soon!

MCW said...

Every new restaurant in Bmore has their waiters in plaid shirts! Most of the time with suspenders. Cracks me up! Looks like a great place!

Jane Droll said...

you get more comfortable screaming and/or reading lips. lololololol!

spinach dip and hot chips. I'M IN! i wish!